Who we are
Economic Aid of Students Upper Austria (WIST Upper Austria)
A-4040 Linz, J.W.Kleinstraße 72
If you contact us by form on our website or by email, the data you provide will be stored by us for the purpose of processing your inquiry and in case of any further or follow-up questions. We do not pass on your data without your consent.
Cookies are text files that contain data from visited websites or domains and are stored by a browser on the user’s computer. The primary purpose of a cookie is to store information about a user during or after his visit within an online service. Stored information may include, for example, language settings on a website, login status, a shopping cart, or where a video was watched. We further include in the term cookies other technologies that perform the same functions as cookies (e.g., when user information is stored using pseudonymous online identifiers, also referred to as “user IDs”)
The following cookie types and functions are distinguished:
- Temporary cookies (also: session cookies): temporary cookies are deleted at the latest after a user has left an online service and closed his browser.
- Permanent cookies: Permanent cookies remain stored even after the browser was closed. For example, the login status can be saved or preferred content can be displayed directly when the user visits a website again. Likewise, the interests of users are used for reach measurement or marketing purposes can be stored in such a cookie.
- First-Party cookies: First-party cookies are set by us.
- Third-Party cookies: Third-party cookies are mainly used by advertisers (so-called third parties) to process user information.
- Necessary (also: essential or absolutely necessary) cookies: Cookies may be absolutely necessary for the operation of a website (e.g. to store logins or other user input or for security reasons).
Notes on legal bases:
If we do not provide you with explicit information about the storage period of permanent cookies (e.g. in the context of a so-called cookie opt-in), please assume that the storage period can be up to two years.
General information on withdrawal and objection (opt-out):
Processing of cookie data on the basis of consent:
- Types of data which are processed: Usage data (e.g. web pages visited, interest in content, access times), meta/communication data (e.g. device information, IP addresses).
- Data Subjects: Users (e.g., website visitors, users of online services).
- Legal basis: Consent (Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. a. DSGVO), Legitimate Interests (Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. f. DSGVO).
Web analysis with Google Analytics
Our online systems use functions of the web analysis service Google Analytics from Google Inc, 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA (referred to as “Google” in the further context).
For this, cookies are used that enable an analysis of the use of this website by its visitors (including your IP address). The information generated by this is usually transferred to Google’s server in the USA and also filed/stored there.
If the anonymization of the IP address is activated on a website, this is usually abbreviated beforehand within the EU. In special exceptional cases, it is nevertheless possible that the entire IP address is first transferred to the USA – to a Google server – and only then shortened. Information on the anonymization of the IP address can also be found directly at Google at https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/2763052?hl=de.
You can prevent data collection by Google by setting up your browser so that no cookies are stored. To do this, you can, for example, download and install a browser extension directly from Google under the following link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de.
Furthermore, we have concluded a corresponding contract with Google for commissioned data processing.
Google Remarketing as well as Conversion Tracking
Our websites temporarily or permanently use functions of Google AdWords (an online marketing and advertising tool) from Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA.
In addition, our websites temporarily or permanently use “Google conversion tracking”, in which cookies are used and stored to identify visitors.
You can adjust the settings for the Google display network at the following link: https://adssettings.google.com.
Our websites also use functions of the map service Google Maps from Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA.
When using Google Maps, Google also collects, processes and further uses data about the use of the Maps functions by visitors on the current web pages.
You can find more detailed information about data processing by Google in the data protection information at https://www.google.at/intl/de/policies/privacy/.
There you can also change your settings in the “Privacy Center” of Goolge, so that you can manage and protect your data.
Our website also uses extensions of the Google-operated platform YouTube, LLC, 901 Cherry Ave, San Bruno, CA 94066, USA at various points.
Videos from the YouTube platform are embedded on our websites, whereby a direct connection is established to the YouTube servers and information is provided as to which pages you have visited on our website.
On the server side, data about visits to this website are collected and stored as so-called “server log files”.
The following data is logged in this way:
- Visited website or subsite
- Time of access
- Amount of data sent in bytes
- Source/reference from which you reached the page
- Used browser
- Used operating system
- Used IP address
The data collected is only used for statistical analysis, to improve the website and is only stored directly on the web server. However, the website operator reserves the right to subsequently check the server log files if there are concrete indications of illegal use.
In order to protect your transmitted data as best as possible, SSL encryption is used. You can recognize such encrypted connections by the prefix “https://” in the page link in the address bar of your browser. Unencrypted pages are marked by “http://”.
All data that you transmit to this website – for example, when making inquiries or logging in – cannot be read by third parties thanks to SSL encryption.
Purpose of data processing
We will process your personal data for the following purposes:
- to make this website available to you and to further improve it
- to compile statistics on usage
- to detect, prevent and further investigate attacks on our servers.
Legal basis of the processing
The data processing is carried out on the basis of the legal provisions of § 96 para 3 TKG as well as Art 6 para 1 lit a (consent) and/or f (legitimate interest) of the DSGVO. Our concern in terms of the DSGVO (legitimate interest) is the improvement of our online offer and our web presence on the Internet.
Transfer of your personal data
For the purposes mentioned above, we will transfer your personal data to the following recipients:
- IT service providers commissioned by WIST Upper Austria, such as data center operators.
Duration of storage
If you register on our website (e.g. by subscribing to the newsletter), we will only store your data for as long as your consent is valid, legal obligations allow this or if this is permissible for other reasons.
Contact for queries regarding the data protection policy
You are generally entitled to the rights of information, correction, deletion, restriction, data portability, revocation and objection.
If you believe that the processing of your data violates data protection law or your data protection rights have been violated in any other way, you can complain to the supervisory authority. In Austria, this is the data protection authority.
You can reach us for any questions or concerns at our contact details – see Contact page or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Status: 1 Sept 2021